Location: Milton, ON
Job ID: PCH-3
Compensation: $60,000 to $65,000/yr approx.
Hours: General business day, overtime may be required.
- Responsibility for all purchasing processes including general & specialized equipment, any and all materials
or business services for use or for further processing.
- Ordering of all raw materials, equipment, extraneous parts, outsourced products, etc.
- Analysis of inventory levels against purchasing.
- Assess requirements of the business and develop specifications for equipment, materials, and supplies
to be purchased.
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers, and review quotes.
- Challenge suppliers, negotiate contract terms, recommend contract awards, establish delivery schedules,
monitor progress, and contact clients & suppliers to resolve issues.
- Prepare requisition orders, purchase orders, calculate costs and process purchases and expedite orders..
- Perform cost analysis/comparisons among suppliers and seek alternatives for cost savings.
- Generate regular reports on inventory, pricing, costs, quality, etc. and communicate regularly with all necessary
personnel their purchasing needs & progress.
- Create, maintain, monitor, and update all purchasing files, reports, and records.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Purchasing.
- Experienced within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with suppliers and uncover cost savings.
- Proficiency with various inventory management, purchasing, and database software.
- Proven ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Strong Management and Leadership talents.
- Strong initiative and desire for success.
*** Candidates interested in applying for the above position should submit their covering letter and detailed resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates whose backgrounds & qualifications are determined by us to be closely matched to our client's specifications will be contacted directly by Coda. We will not be accepting phone inquiries regarding this position ***